Thursday, January 15, 2009

Rockstar Wives


Being in these business as in the beauty and entertainment that is, has its perks. One of them is meeting amazing people, people that made history with their talents and performances. Sometimes it's hard keeping it together when you meet someone you are a fan of.
Well, what can I say, it comes with the territory and I don't mind it at all.
In September I was asked by a dear friend of mine to do her makeup for a "little" magazine called Italian Vogue. It was a delight to have such a big magazine host my creation so I was beyond excited. The issue was a tribute to music and musical legends and my friend happen to be married to one of them, that being Slash, need to say more? We know him from his days on G&R and the younger generation is a fan of his Guitar hero game.
Perla Hudson is an incredible woman full of life and joy. She knows how to have fun and makes sure the people around her do too.
It was love at first site when a mutual friend referred me to her and I have been her makeup artist ever since.
Well I am exceptionally proud of the way Perla looked for this particular shoot, she was flawless and radiant.
Perla loves airbrushing and I do too.

FOUNDATION: I always mix a little "pearl" by aircraft cosmetics in with three different foundations to get that perfect color for her complexion. I airbrush her face and decolletage with that mixture. I also contour her with a deeper color foundation to bring out those gorgeous high cheekbones girlfriend has. She likes to tan so it is not hard to make her look healthy.

EYE SHADOWS: For this shoot we played with a lot of bronze and gold creating a sultry smoky eye. I gave her eyes a lot of depth with shimmers.

EYELINER: I winked black eyeliner pass the outer corners of the eye and up, that gave her a more sophisticated sexy look and opened up her eyes. My favorite eyeliner is the Bobbi Brown long-wear gel liner in Black and Black Mauve.

EYELASHES: Oh yeah! We love eyelashes, we double them up for this one and a mixture of strips and individuals. For never ending lashes we coated them with two hefty coats of the blackest black mascara.

BLUSH: Cream blush was brushed on with a synthetic brush and a shimmery peachy-pink powder blush was brushed on top.

LIPS: For the lips I kept it simple since there was so much going on everywhere else. I used Mac Plush Glass in Big Baby, after I lined her lips with a neutral lip liner "Rock Star" (how appropriate) by Tarte. Perla has beautiful lips and one of my little tricks that she loves is the way I bring out her "cupids bow" which is over her top lip. I use a shimmer pencil in pink and line over the top of her upper lip all the way to the bottom of her nose. Benefit cosmetics makes a great one and easy to use, it's called, what else, "Cupids Bow" pencil and it comes with directions.

The picture showing is not the one that made it into Octobers issue of Italian Vogue but it is by far one of my favorites. It shows the connection and love Perla and Slash have for each other. Love is the best foundation you can wear. No product out there could top that.





0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
My Glam Report © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina