Monday, January 26, 2009

Great Skin care brush for the brave


One of my fabulous Christmas presents this year happen to be the Clarisonic skin care brush. Given to me by another fabulous makeup artist friend that always stays educated and in the now of products. She is the IT girl of new technology and cosmetics by far.


I went home all excited to try this new discovery that night but I did not read the instructions-excited! remember?-and that was not smart.


Well the Clarisonic comes with different brushes for sensitive skin and the settings are for body and face. The more intense vibrations are for the body obviously which also helps reduce the appearance of cellulite. Well, since I never read the instructions I reduced the cellulite in my face and looked beet red by the time I was done torturing myself. I thought "Are you kidding me? this is too strong for the face." so my friend called the next day to ask if I liked the product. I do but I am in pain, I said.
She knew right away what was happening. "Did you use the right setting for the face? there is a body setting too which is too harsh for the face, you didn't use that one, did you?"
I did not have the strainght to admit to my carelessness and laziness so I said. "No, I used the low setting for the face. I did read the instructions...Dahhh" and that said I hang up the phone and went to get the manual out and start reading before I shed all my skin off of my face.
I loved it. Using it the right way, the Clarisonic is a great exfoliator. I liked how it leaves your skin super smooth after one use and makeup residue does not survive the vibration.
The dry patchy skin that cold weather gifts you with, goes away in one try. I noticed much softer skin, no dryness and less blackheads.
The Clarisonic starter kit comes with a couple of sample cleansers, the brush, the charger and an extra brush.

Give it a chance. You can find it at Sephora for $195 but you can also look online for a better deal. I think the lowest I found it for, was $159, if you google it but I don't know if it has
everything included, read before you buy.
This is how the company on the Sephora site describes it:

From the creators of the Sonicare® toothbrush comes Clarisonic® skin care. Sonic technology first changed the way we clean our teeth, it's now changing how we cleanse our skin. The sonic frequency moves Clarisonic's soft, gentle brush back and forth at more than 300 times per second. The sonic micro-massage clears your pores, loosening dirt, makeup and oil. Clarisonic® is proven to remove more dirt (sebum and makeup) than traditional, superficial cleansing, allowing your serums and moisturizers to absorb better. Skin is left soft and pampered without harsh abrasion or chemicals. Clarisonic reduces dry skin patches, oily areas and blemishes and removes 6X more makeup. Pore size, fine lines, and wrinkles appear smaller.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for finally writing about > "Great Skin care brush for the brave" < Loved it!

My page :: Bellaplex
Younger Skin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
My Glam Report © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina