Friday, January 23, 2009

PRIVILEGED

It is raining today at the Paramount lot. We were out on location shooting all morning and we are finally back on set. We are shooting the last episode of season 1 for "Privileged" and can I just say that I am so happy I had the chance to work on this show. I have been working in the business for years and I have been so lucky to have worked on some great shows and movies. But "Privileged" touched my heart a little deeper than the others. It is like a family. The whole crew and cast have been close from pretty much the beginning. We all just clicked. Yes, like all relationships in life we had some hard times and some people that did not fit. The main crew and cast has been together from beginning to the end and it feels good, it feels like home. There is genuine care on the set, none of that Hollywood frou frou talk, plain simple honest caring for each other. I have to admit that it does start from the top and starting with the creator of the show Rina Mimoun, who is a great person, sweet and easy going. Easy to talk to and very approachable. Our producer Peter Burrell. Usually producers are scary and always busy with something more important than YOU. Peter always took the time to talk and address any kind of problem there ever was on set. We love him. Our cast starting with Joanna Garcia that beyond her beautiful looks and incredible talent she is a sweet person with the biggest heart ever. No Divas here. And let me tell you, if she is not a Diva, then no one else has the right to be. We got lucky, the cast has been amazing fun people and easy to work with. I am telling you this show has spoiled me. Keep watching it so we can have a second season because honestly it has raised the bar for a lot of us. Anne Archer, the ever so classic beauty, beautiful, talented and fun to be around. A breath of fresh air. We have some beautiful men too, I am sure the girls have been waiting for this one. Brian Halissay, the BOD. Brian is funny, we crack each other up and he hates it when I put the concealer too close to his eyes. He always takes deep breaths and acts like someone is about to pluck all his lashes out. We always start laughing at the dramatic behavior.

We have a newcomer on set. Robert Buckley, he is the new...I will not say. Watch the show to see where he fits in and who is he going to woo.
Last but not least, the twins. Ashley Newbrough and Lucy Hale, also known as Hucy. I love them. Those two have almost become my children the last few months, except I am too young to be their mom. We cried, we laughed, we PMSed together. I covered their pimples, they updated me on the music, young cool people listen to, these days.

Of course one of my closest people on set is my Department Head and very dear friend Kathleen Crawford. Kathleen has years of experience in this business as a department head and we have worked together in the past. Being together over 50 to 60 hours a week can become a difficult task sometimes but with Kathleen and I it has been nothing but fun. The two days on the weekend that we have apart usually we talk on the phone or try to meet up. I will definitely miss our morning chats over coffee as we both get to work early so we can share our weekend experiences apart from each other. I am so used to our time together that I am going to go through withdrawals for the next few weeks. I just might have to call Kathleen up and meet her for coffee every morning just to reminisce and relive our last seven months together. I have learned a lot from her and I admire the way she uses her talent to make everyone that goes through her chair, well absolutely gorgeous and ready for action.

I am sad that the first season is over. I have spent more time with these people the last few months than with my real family. I am also very happy to have had this experience and have met them all. I am sure we will get a second season and if we all manage to come back again together, it would be something to look forward to. Of course the fact that the show is so cute and it is getting so juicy and interesting will help the executives' decision. We have held our own, without any promotion or advertisement we kept our tv viewers happy enough to watch every Tuesday night. Our writing team, Jenny Lynn, David Babcock, Michael Reisz, Christopher Fife and of course Rina herself with the rest of the writing team have been brainstorming some really good stuff. Our season finale is going to be a big deal with twists and turns and shocking surprises.


I can't say any more. Tune in on Tuesday nights, CW 9pm and watch the show.

2 comments:

Heidi Petrelli said...

I love this show and I have also noticed the make-up on the actors is perfection.

The Glam Reporter said...

Thank you Heidi. We have a great team of artists working on the show.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
My Glam Report © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina