Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Fabulous colors by Duwop



Recently I had a chance to get my hands on the makeup line Duwop. We are all aware of their staple product Lip Venom. When it first came out, I rushed to the store to buy it. I put it on my lips immediately and waited outside of the beauty store to see if by miracle I become Angelina Jollie. The taste was strong and the feeling, well, it begun to sting. My lips were on fire but it was a good burn. I looked in the mirror and to my disappointment I did not resemble Jollie at all but my lips were a deep shade of pink and a little fuller. I did not know what to make out of it. I was a lip plumper virgin.


Duwop is making way more makeup products than just Lip Venom.


I fell in love with one of their new eyeshadow trios called "CRUSH". It is this metallic golds and a deep burgundy. I have created an amazing look with them. Very clean, warm and very in the Now. I also have used the burgundy shadow as a lipstick. I put lip balm on the lips or Lip Venom first and then with a lip brush you dip into the burgundy shadow for a vixen like look. It stays longer than lipstick and the pigment is very strong.






I was also very impressed by their other shadow palettes in all the shades. It includes a base shade, a highlighter, a darker color for the outer corner, a metallic color and a cream liner. All in one, great for makeup artists but also great for individuals that take eye makeup seriously and want to touch up on the go. This palette has it all and it is very compact.






The color scheme for this fabulous palette comes in "GREEN EYES", "BLUE EYES", "VIOLET EYES", "THE BROWNS", "BRONZE".


When it comes to cheek colors, Duwop does it again. Between their cream blushes and their new "blushboosters", you can have it all in your fingertips. Did I mention that I love their compact cases? The right amount of product and as light as a feather. I like applying CHEEK VENOM in "sidewinder"on first with a synthetic brush. I follow with the powder BLUSHBOOSTER in "pomegranate" or for some sparkle the "Mango". They also developed Venom Gloss which comes in a big variety of shades, it is not as strong as Lip Venom but it feels great on the lips and the glossiness and color is very subtle. I indulge in their "BERRY CHILL", "BUTTERCUP" and "WISTERIA".


They also make a Prime Venom which goes on before hand to fill in and prime lips. One of my clients uses it around her eyes to plump up wrinkles and she swears by it. I do not suggest or advice to do the same since this product is not meant for the sensitive eye area and has not been tested for it.






Now lets talk about "Payoff". What "Payoff" is make any eyeshadow deeper by several shades. I was at work and I really wanted to see if it is true what DuWop claims for this product. I put a couple of drops on an empty palette and then dipped my eyeshadow brush in "Payoff" and then into the shadow. Voila, a miracle occur ed. The shadow was deeper and vibrant. I could not stop. I fell in love with it. It is great for makeup artists that work with a favorite shadow color but the pigment is not exactly there. Instead of going layer by layer trying to built up the color, all you have to do is wet the brush first with some DuWop "Payoff". It is a staple in my makeup kit from now on.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
My Glam Report © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina