Friday, January 30, 2009

Eye Brights! Spring Look



This is an article about another makeup artist that has accomplished a lot with her own makeup line the last several years in the industry. BOBBI BROWN, the artist and the makeup line.

I have been using the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliners for years as they really go on smooth and easy, they allow you to make mistakes and still get a fabulous result. As a makeup artist I love the way it stays on for a long time and it makes it easier to use on long shoots. I recently added to my collection the "Black Mauve" liner which I became a big fan off since it enhances any eye color and it does not look as heavy as black. I also bought the brand new "Brights eye palette" which contains a collection of 35 small size bright colors. At first I was a little disappointed about the size, especially with a prise tag of $70 but then I realized that with color that bright you would not have to use that much and as she said in an interview "If the palette finishes too quick then you are using it the wrong way". That's true, the colors are so vibrant that if you go too heavy you would look too dated. Think 80's. The idea is to take those colors and bring them up to date by applying a soft hue allover the eye, paired with a light liner for an ethereal look instead of a heavy smoky eye. Very spring.

Her new spring look also consists of sparkle eye shadows and textured skin with shimmers.

It is a very romantic look which looks very fresh and young, for all ages.

What can I say I have been a big fan for years and she never disappoints me.

So go ahead and splurge this time. You can find her products anywhere from Nordstrom's to Bloomingdale's or on line at the official website http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/ .



Go on and get pretty.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
My Glam Report © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina