Monday, February 2, 2009

Solve dry hair problems with these shampoos


I was born with dark brown curly hair and always dreamed of being a smooth blond. Years went by as I straggled with dryness and brittle hair since I was straightening and torturing it to be what it wasn't. Getting into the beauty world helped my dream come true. Be careful what you wish for.
After years of bleaching and straightening, my hair took a turn for the worst. Sure, I was a blond but I did not look like those hair models with smooth shiny hair. I looked more like a used up Barbie doll that had brushed her hair one too many times and it was braking.





Time to do something about it.

By then I had met a lot of hairstylists in my industry and I seeked professional advice.

My questions were answered and here I am sharing it with you, so we can all enjoy beautiful hair.






The first one is OJON, which falls under the very natural organic products for the ones out there that do not want carcinogenic ingredients in their head. For really dry hair OJON has its Ultra Hydrating shampoo and conditioner that I found it works wonders for damaged and processed hair.


Here is some inside info about OJON from http://www.susteinableisgood.com/:




" Ojon products benefit from ingredients collected by the Tawira, an indigenous people from the Central American rainforest's, mainly inhabitants of Honduras.
The Tawira produce Ojon palm nut oil, an ingredient derived from the Ojon tree and one that is said to strengthen, moisturize, bring shine and reduce hair follicle breakage - forming the basis of the company's hair care range.
To source its ingredients, Ojon has partnered with the Mosquitia Pawisa Agency for the Development of the Honduras Mosquitia (MOPAWI Organization), a local non-profit group that works on behalf of indigenous communities in the region. Through its contract with the MOPAWI, Ojon purchases wild-crafted palm nut oil and other ingredients from thousands of Tawira producers, who collect the ingredients in a hand-crafted process consistent with ancestral practices.
The ingredients, largely palm oil and cacao, are then sent to Originitalia, a plant in northern Italy, where they are purified and blended into Ojon products. "

You can find OJON at any high end beauty supply store (not sally's or meaby, I haven't checked).
They have a starter kit that includes the shampoos and the OJON restorative hair treatment which is a pure form of the nut oil itself. It looks like a paste but if you heat it up it becomes an oil so keep it away from heat till you use it. You just warm it up by putting a little bit in the palms of your hand and rubbing it before you distribute it to your hair and scalp. I used it allover. It feels very good on hands, face, feet too but unless you are made of money, this product has a hefty price tag. $55 for 5oz. I also use it on my scalp which helped me with winter dryness.




If you just want to try it you can get the Ojon Essentials 5-Pc. Ritual Kit for $45 on http://www.amazon.com/ . I also love their dry shampoo since I am one of those who do not wash their hair everyday, otherwise my hair will brake. Their Ojon Rub-Out Dry Cleanser is $24 for a 4.5oz bottle and was voted Sephora's best of 2008. Yep it is that good, smells great too.




Another favorite of mine that is a staple in my shower is the Alterna Caviar Anti Aging Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner Duo at $62 for both. It goes fast for me since my hair is long but it is worth every penny. My hair stays soft and looks healthy. After I wash with the moisture shampoo and conditioner I chase it with Alterna Caviar Anti Aging Rapid Repair Spray 4oz ($28), my hair soaks it up.

There is a lot of products out there, some inexpensive and some way more expensive than the above. Bottom line is that you do get what you pay for and unless you have perfect healthy and unprocessed hair, which there is still a few women out there that do, you should invest in some good products. I am not selling you a fad but a fact. I find these products to fit most budgets. For a less expensive alternative, my hair styling guru friends have recommended Pantene, straight from the drugstore isle. If the recession has taken a toll on your finances, Pantene will set you back only $15.

Now go wash your hair, I know I will.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a huge fan of alterna -- I can't stand the smell. There's a new line that my stylist at Festoon recently recommended -- Oribe. Smells amazing. Really elevated packgaging.

I tried the Signature Shampoo and Supershine. Leaves hair soft and shiny. A must have!!!!!

Btw, Marianna, I love this post! I love taking care of my hair and spend quite a pretty penny on hair products and treatments. Boyfriend still doesn't understand, but he gets to benefit from it too!!!

The Glam Reporter said...

Emily, I love your feedback, I will defenetely try the Oribe too. Boys never get it why we spend so much on our hair but you are right, they get to enjoy the results.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
My Glam Report © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina