Friday, February 13, 2009

AS SMOOTH AS A BABIES BOTTOM!


So ladies, today I am going to touch on a very "touchy" subject... shaving. Personally I believe in Laser and in waxing but sometimes the good old fashion razor comes in to the rescue. Maybe you are in between waxing or you have an important event to attend. Lets face it, for most of us Laser hair removal can be costly, especially in big areas such as legs. Being a European olive skin toned woman I have had my battles cut out for me with unwanted hair, in all the weird places. And Yes European women shave and wax and laser too. It is a misconception to believe in this day and age that we are far behind in the game. I think that the quote "European women don't shave" came from a man that was dumbed by a one of us old country vixens. We can get pretty tough with the boys, it is in our blood.


Anyway, getting back to what is really important here. Shaving.
If you have to shave your legs for some reason or if you are just a traditional woman and loves a good daily shave, here are some tips.


1. Take a long shower or bath and shave last. It softens the skin and offers a closer shave with fewer nicks and cuts.

2. Scrub before you shave if you have stubborn hair. This will help exfoliate the upper dermis and also help with ingrown hair.

3. Pick a good shaving cream. My favorite is the new Aubrey "CREME DE LA SHAVE". I love it. Super smooth shave in seconds, gets all the hair and helps the razor slide softly over your skin. No cuts, no nicks, great shave, smooth skin. As a matter of fact I just used this morning and I am so happy, I had to write about it. It is Organic, too. A much better alternative than the shaving creams at the drugstore which never really did anything for me but smell good. "Creme De La Shave" smells like almonds, very subtle.

4. Moisturize before you wipe all the water away. Basically keep your body moisturizer or oil near by and slather it on before you dry yourself up.

5. At last, pat dry the area since between all the scrubbing and shaving is very sensitive by now, so don't scrub it with the towel too.

The Aubrey "Creme De La Shave" costs $5.48 but you can also find it online at http://www.iherb.com/ for $4.66 and on http://www.luckyvitamin.com/ for $4.11 or wherever they sell Aubrey products like Wholefoods grocery stores.
Now go on and enjoy touchable smooth legs and for the gentlemen in your life, well, they can thank me later.

For the ones that do get ingrown hair and have tried everything with no luck, let me introduce you to a product that I have tested for years and it works wonders.


TEND SKIN. This would be the best investment you made for your skin whether you are a female or male, since Tend Skin works great for guys that get ingrown hair on their necks after shaving, too. I have recommended Tend Skin to a lot of my actors with ingrown issues and just days later, they show up with their face cleared up and happy.

You want to use TEND SKIN right after you finish shaving, apply on a cotton ball and cover the entire area or just the trouble spots. The product has a distinctive smell and it might sting a little but it works wonders. I am the Glam Reporter, I never lie.


TEND SKIN can be pricey so I searched the web and found a site that has it for half off.

It usually costs about $20 for 4oz and it comes in three sizes but if you go on http://www.beautyfii.com/ they have it for $10 the 4oz bottle which would be enough product to try and Thank me later again. :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
My Glam Report © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina