Monday, February 23, 2009

OSCARS 2009


Celebrating the 81st Oscar nominations last night I have to say that I was very impressed with all the performances and all the winners.


Slumdog Millionaire as we all knew cleaned house by claiming 8 Oscars. Everyone in Bollywood is very proud for them. This will bring some attention in the exploitation of the Indian children and get the rest of the world involved.


Kate Winslet won for Best Actress for The Reader. I loved her speech. She said she used to hold a shampoo bottle and practice that very speech in her bathroom when she was eight years old.

Well, Kate you deserve it and I am glad this is the real Oscar and not a shampoo bottle this time.
Sean Penn won for Milk, Best Actor that is and let me tell you that he is another one that really deserves it, I love Penn for his outspoken personality all these years.

Unfortunately for Brad and Angelina they got nominated but did not win. I am sure they know how important they are in this industry and they are not disappointed.
Heath Ledgers family proudly accepted the Oscar for their family member. I have to say that I had to see Dark Knight several times and Heath really got in to the character and performed a great deal. It is very unfortunate that we lost him as he is a great actor. Everybody was crying in the crowd. It was a very touchy moment for Hollywood.
Hugh Jackman as a musical performer rocked the house. I loved his performance with Beyonce and the High School Musical kids. He definitely showed another side of his talents.
Hollywood is returning to its roots.
The stage looked amazing and I have to say I enjoyed last nights Oscars more than I ever had before.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
My Glam Report © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina