Monday, February 16, 2009

SLASH AND PERLA AT THE GRAMMYS

I am very proud of my creations every time I work with Perla Hudson. She has a beautiful face and exotic features. The best part of all that from a makeup artists point of view is that Perla is open to anything. She loves makeup and is aware of her features, so she lets me create on the spot according to her theme.


Here for the Clive Davis party, the night before the Grammys, she was wearing a very romantic flowing dress with a Latin flair. She is a big help when it comes to her makeup since she always knows what she wants, which gives me a direction.

For that look, which I wish I had a closer picture so you see the details, we used bronze and gold colors. I applied Too Faced Shadow Insurance Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer allover her lid, prior to any shadow. This insures that she can go all night without having to think of her makeup, just enjoy herself. It is one of my main goals to send my clients out and have them feel confident throughout the full extend of their events. I used one of my favorite eyeshadow trios by DUWOP "CRUSH". I took a wet brush and dipped it in the burgundy red shadow and I went over her black eyeliner with it. We love Shiseido 1, black eyeliner for its deep black hue and it's staying power. We used a strip black lash and individuals toward the outer corners of the eyes for that exotic sultry look.












For Russel Simmons Grammy party, Perla had a fabulous young fresh new designer custom design her outfit. JnG! I will provide his website in a later moment so you get to take a look at his couture since he is a new upcoming designer with amazing talent and everything is original.
As a matter of fact he did all the beading on this dress, he is a perfectionist and it shows.

Unfortunately you can't see the whole look which is very unique and fashion forward on this picture but there is a lot of color on the legs, shoes and purse. I did a more colorful eyeshadow on her. Healthy bronzed skin and face with beautiful lavender/purple shadows, blended just enough to smooth all the colors together for a playful glamorous effect.

The colors came from the Bobbi Brown Eye Brights palette.

For JnG couture go to http://www.jngcouture.com/

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
My Glam Report © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina