Monday, March 2, 2009

HELLO KITTY AND MAC


I know you probably already heard about the marriage between Hello Kitty and Mac cosmetics. Since I have been a big fan of Hello Kitty for years and Mac was my first makeup line to use as a makeup artist, still back in the day were we used to special order it from Canada and it was available only to professionals. 

Well, Mac has come along way from then. It is now bought by Estee Lauder and it is available to everyone that wants to buy it and easier to find. As professionals we used to also get a 40% discount from Mac right out of the bat but now we all have to pay something like $35 a year to have the card. Needless to say now that there is a ton of other pro lines I do not do that anymore. Mac is a generous line that still takes care of pro artists by sending us their products to use on our celebrities. 
A rep for Mac had come to our set before the Hello Kitty news broke out and gave us products to display in our show. If you do watch "Privileged" you would have seen the products on the girls bedroom. 
I was thrilled, my two faves together. A makeup artists heaven. We all like cute things around since we work with makeup everyday. The cuter the packaging the better. Colorful, funny names and a black Hello Kitty to make you smile. That one is the Bad Kitty.
Of course I had to be a good girl and wait till the company had its debut before I wrote about it. I have to admit I was eager to spill the beans to my readers so they can have the first sneak peak.
I would have gone back on my word though, so I waited and the debut happened and here we are. 
You owe it to yourself to try them out. 
Other than the cuteness of it all, the product underneath is great. The lipsticks are my favorite, since they have a Hello Kitty stamp on the actual lipstick, brilliant. The colors are soft and glide on smooth, very subtle. I am impressed. 
They also have the brush holders which are the cutest but would look better in your bathroom than a makeup station since they are a little small for holding 100 brushes that the pros use and they are porcelain which would probably brake while moving them around in our trailers.
It is worth trying and I strongly recommend to go out and do that. 
You are getting more than just a pretty Kitty. 

1 comments:

B said...

This was definitely a cute collection. Love your blog!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
My Glam Report © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina