Thursday, April 29, 2010

10 things I love about L.A.

 Follow my blog with bloglovin
0-los-angeles_master
1. Restaurants. I love Mastros in Beverly Hills. This place has a great atmosphere, it is quiet downstairs for a relaxed dinner and festive upstairs with a piano player that sings. The singer is an older distinct gentleman that sings new and old songs and gets you in the mood. With great cocktails and the best steak in town, I love going there for dinner with a group of friends or just me and my husband. Kid friendly too. Their new Vegas Mastros Ocean Club just opened at the new Aria resort.  My husband and I took our friends Perla and Slash there for Perlas birthday last October and we got busted, check out the paparazzi video below. My husband is talking with Slash and I am standing next to them. Go to http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/ for location info and menu. I recommend the porterhouse but beware it is HUGE!


2. Now that our stomachs are full lets move on to desert. When it comes to frozen yogurt Pinkberries used to be but Red Mango is my new favorite flavor for the moment. Go to www.redmangousa.com/ for locations. Love it!!!
3. We are in California people, so that means sun kissed skin and healthy tanned people walking around. I recently met Ashley Blair and she has a company called Mobile tans L.A..  You can check out her website at http://www.mobilespraytansla.com/ to book your appointment. She comes to my home and tans me the safe way with 95% organic solution. What I love about it is that it does not smell bad like most and the color is not orange but actually brown gold. It takes minutes and you are transformed into a golden Goddess (or God).
4. Before you cover up that beautiful skin of yours with a tan you got to make sure it is clean and clear with no sunspots or unevenness. You got to find a good dermatologist and that is hard. Los Angeles and Beverly Hills have a great amount of what I call “beauty doctors” those are the dermatologists and plastic surgeons.  They can make you or break you if you are not careful and do your research. A great team of plastic surgeons are Dr. Stephen Svehlak  and Dr. Yamini. Go to http://www.sunsetcosmeticsurgery.com/ to find out more about the doctors.
vichy-skin-whitening21
5. After getting your consultation about a new jaw, you need a pick me up. Java time. Sunset plaza is always an elegant L.A.ish way to eat, hang out and shop. It has been a regular hang out of mine for a few years now. It is small and you can seat outside, enjoy the fresh air and people watch. Few celebrity sightings for your out of town friends,too. I like to go to El Primo cafe. Real Italian coffee, gelato, Panini's and crepes. Great hang out! It has an outside patio area. It is between H&M and Ketchup restaurant, which are both also my favorites.
6. Now that you got some extra energy, it’s time for a new outfit. Beverly center is down the street and it has a great variety of shops for whatever your heart desires. It is a luxurious but simplistic mall that hosts stores like Bloomingdales, Macy’s, H&M and many more brand names for a variety of budgets. Go to www.beverlycenter.com/ for more details. Located on Beverly Blvd. and La cienega.
7. I don’t know about you but all that shopping made me a bit thirsty and I am not talking Evian from the French Alps. FALCON on sunset has a great atmosphere for an appetizer and drinks. Young, hip crowd and dressed very European. Exotic drinks that will satisfy your curious and adventurous palette and very interesting dishes. FALCON is located at 7213 Sunset Blvd. (Alta Vista Blvd.). We suggest you call for reservations 323-850-5350.
drink2ko
8. Now, I love the real Hollywood and by that I mean Hollywood Boulevard. The Pantages Theater always provides two hours of great performances that can leave your artistic taste buds fully satisfied. Check out what is playing at www.pantages-theater.com . Take a stroll on the boulevard after the show and get a yummy hot dog at “Scooby’s” (I like it better than PINKS). Check out the wax museum, Ripley's believe it or not and have a cookie at the Nestle store next to Sephora at the fabulous Hollywood&Highland outdoor mall. I know it sounds touristy but if we do not love and appreciate our own city, who will?
9. Ooh! a day well spent and full of excitement. Time to relax. A massage is the ultimate in relaxation for me. Burke Williams has two locations in Hollywood and the Valley (which i prefer) but honestly it is the Korean spa by my house that stole my heart. The Olympic (Korean) spa has been around for a while and people like it because it is very inexpensive but I am taking it one step up. The Korean culture and techniques with the luxury of a clean beautiful relaxing environment in a very reasonable price. So, i am combining the best of both worlds at the Renaissance Spa. Click on http://www.whrenaissance.com/ and enjoy the music.
10. Now that you are all relaxed, lets keep it that way. The best way for me to stay in nirvana is to go to the beach. I love Leo Cabrillo beach, it is located north on beautiful PCH right after you pass Zuma  beach. It is quiet and not overcrowded. If you like camping  there is campgrounds across the street from the beach. Lots of fun and still staying cool and calm. Make sure you reserve your spot if you camp. http://leocarrillo.com/.com/
There is so much more our city and state have to offer that I don’t feel that 10 is doing any justice to it but I am sure it will get you started. Enjoy our sun kissed land. We are so lucky!

1 comments:

Liposuction in Beverly Hills said...

I must say that your list is right on. I love all of those places, especially the The Pantages Theater

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
My Glam Report © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina