Sunday, December 27, 2009

2009 Favorite European finds





Hello fabulous readers and I hope you are all having an eventful and fulfilling Holiday.

Yes, Yes, I know...I have been away for so long.
Well, I will keep it short but here it is. After the last time I wrote on My Glam Report I have traveled to Europe.
My destination was Greece with a little weekend hoping to fabulous, glamorous and romantic Paris, France.
Moulin Rouge, Eiffel tower and eating formage at the Brasseries all over Paris. Smelling the city, feeling the energy and walking everywhere.
Loved it!
The only set back was people trying to con you for money in every corner. Being a tourist makes you very vulnerable.
We were constantly interrupted from our little dream vacation to hear a story about why we should donate our hard working Euros to these very capable but lazy beggars.
I got some stories about that.
OK, here is one of them.
This lady leaned in front of us and acted like she found a wedding ring. She looked at us and asked if it was ours. Of course it wasn't. We politely declined. She then proceeded to gift it to us because her religion did not allow jewelry. In return she asked for a cup of coffee. I found her request fair although I had no desire to keep an ugly fake gold ring.
I gave her a Euro but it wasn't enough. Two Euros were of no value to her either. Three was my limit and I offered the ring back. She took the money and left.
A few steps away as we slowly realized we got coned, another lady walks up and pulls the same move. We started laughing hysterically.
Paris Je taime.
Shopping was great and the La Fayette malls were fabulous.
Greece was amazing as always and I came to realize that salt water does wonders to your skin and hair in conjunction with some Kerastase oleo relax cream treatment that I got in Paris.
The cosmetic department of the La Fayette chains had all the high end cosmetic lines that we know and some that we don't. My main concern being on a summer vacation was keeping my skin and hair hydrated.
I discovered CAUDALIE Paris. Their grape water spray and their lip balm was the best thing my skin has felt in years. I am hooked. I still use it.
The Oleo Relax cream treatment put the shine back into my hair and made it very manageable and soft. I have processed dry damaged hair and not many products work for me.
I can sincerely say this product works and I am in my second container.
With twice a week use, it has lasted me six months.
At around $30, as expensive as it is for most of us this is a product that works for its money.
Back to the states and ready to hop on a movie with a fabulous friend make-up artist when the call to do a top television show came in. Since I am a big fan of the show, I love every moment I spend working on it.
Thanks for reading and staying with me. I will do my best to keep up with giving you the latest of my favorite products and reviews.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this article,love the picture with the pink bunny

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
My Glam Report © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina